Postpartum Planning Session
You are expecting a baby. You can’t wait to meet her and finally holding her in your arms. You are getting ready for the birth deciding carefully what will be part of your birth plan. You are buying baby gear and decorating your future baby’s room. You want to feel the most prepared possible for the arrival of your new child. But have you thought about how you will adjust to life with a new baby? How do you envision the beginning of your journey with your new baby? Do you feel prepared and confident? Are you aware of a variety of resources you will need to ease your postpartum transition? Do you want to reduce the stress that can come with your new reality as a parent?
It is important to plan for the birth of your baby. You also want to make sure you have everything to take care of her needs when she is there. It is as important to plan for the postpartum period. You want to make sure your family will have all the resources needed to adjust well to this new transition. That’s why taking the time to create a postpartum plan is an essential exercise to do. It helps you identify resources that you will need as a new parent. And doing this before you are too busy taking care of your newborn is the best way to go.
Having a good postpartum plan in place will help you:
- reduce stress after your baby is born
- ease the postpartum transition
- get the support you need when parenting challenges arrive
- have access to professionals who can help you in a variety of issues you might encounter
- feel more prepared and confident in your new role as a parent
- have people that can help you take care of your physical, emotional and mental needs
I can help you build the postpartum plan that will best suit your family needs.
My postpartum planning session includes:
- a two hour planning session by video chat
- a postpartum plan document that covers a variety of topics to consider while planning your postpartum transition
- a list of professional resources related to the postpartum period
- one half an hour phone call or video chat after your baby is born